Power Transmission Industry Urethane Molded Parts
Urethane also is known as polyurethane (PU) is a polymer which is mainly used as an ingredient in parts, coatings, surface sealants, fibers and adhesives. It is a very important polymer used in the power transmission industry. The power transmission industry is responsible for the distribution and transmission of electric power in the USA and engineers prefer urethane because its parts last longer and are more durable than other conventional materials such as rubber and plastic.
Product Engineers prefer urethane molded parts in the power transmission industry because:
- It provides longer service and functional life when compared to rubber, plastics and metal
- It has lower noise / subsiding properties when compared to metals
- Urethane molded parts offer high load and high compression abilities that function long after rubber and plastic parts fail
- Urethane molded parts are durable and has extreme resistance to harsh environments of heat, solvents abrasion and chemicals
- Urethane molded parts are used to protect wires and coils
- Urethane molded parts have high strength and are used as circuit boards
Plan Tech is America’s leading custom cast polyurethane company! With well over 30years of expertise you can trust us to deliver high quality and custom-made urethane molded parts. We specialize in designing new materials or replacing old ones.